Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Successful Business Ideas

Are you ever amazed by people's success stories? Here's one about the guy who founded Plentyoffish.com. Please note that I'm not advertising the site. It's a dating site that I've never visited (note to my wife!).
However, I read recently that the creator of the site only made it to test his skills at web designing and did nothing to promote it. Despite that, people flocked to the site and he had to continue to add new servers to support it. Soon he had received a check for $900,000 for 2 months of advertising! He has no employees working for him and says that the site is practically self running.
The question is, do you find this inspiring or depressing, or a little of both? My advice: If you have an idea or something you like to do, go for it. You never know...

No comments:

 
Google